Wednesday 1 September 2010

Day 1 Of A New Challenge

As I mentioned in my post the other day, I signed up for a challenge on one of the blogs I love to read, Syl's Live, Smile, Run.
There were two challenges to decide between, the first being to endure (enjoy doing lol) Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred every day for 30 days, the second being to exercise for at least 20mins a day for 30 days. I was tempted to sign up for the 30DS challenge, but as my usual exercise routine involves me going to the gym 4/5 times a week for cardio, classes and swimming, I knew if I was honest with myself that trying to do the 30DS on top of that would be pushing it too far. So I signed up for the minimum 20mins a day exercise for 30 days challenge, which although I know is still going to be hard, I feel is achievable. I'm planning on incorporating the 30DS into that, doing it at least once a week, and hopefully that should help with toning.
And it's a good job I did sign up for the challenge because I'm really sore today from doing the 30DS yesterday as well as my short run, and if I hadn't signed up I know I'd have used it as an excuse to take a rest day lol. BUT, I have signed up for this and am going to give it my all. I'm promised myself even if I'm dying I can manage a 20min walk each day, so I have NO excuse. So on went the dvd and I sweated my way through it again and felt so proud of myself afterwards.
I've decided to post on here each day what exercise I do, mainly as a record for me but also to keep me accountable. Some days it may just be a VERY short post with details of my exercise alone, just hope you don't get bored of reading about it.
I am SO hungry today though!!! The scale showed the same number this morning which I was a little disappointed with, but I suppose after a 4.5lbs drop yesterday I shouldn't be. I feel like I could eat non-stop today, and seem to be taking potty breaks regularly again, so I'm hoping I might see a drop again soon. My goal for September is to get the 3lb holiday gain off, plus another 4lbs, and I'm really going to try hard to achieve it.

1 comment: