Thursday 9 September 2010

Back In The Land Of The Living

I'm really happy to say that I feel SO much better today. Had a good night's sleep and most of aches and pains seem to have gone. So I took myself off to the gym this morning and ended up having a great workout:-
10mins Stationary Bike
40mins Treadmill Run 8kph/1.0 gradient
10mins Cross Trainer
As I've mentioned on here before, I've been thinking of hiring the personal trainer at the gym for some sessions in the hope that he can help me tone up some of what is left, and maybe help me get the last few pounds off, but have been putting it off because of cost and being a scaredy cat lol. Well, when I went to the gym today I was talking to one of the girls and she said that he usually does a special offer in September. Then when I went to check in for my workout, sure enough, there was a message waiting for me from the personal trainer asking if I'd thought about sessions and that if I was interested throughout September if you book a series of 10 sessions instead of being £250 they are £180, so about a 25% saving! The scaredy cat in me thought about just deleting the message and pretending I'd never seen it, but the new strong, brave Lisa went straight in that gym, over to him and told him I wanted to book some sessions! So I have my first session with him next Friday and I'm already quaking in my running shoes lol! We had a chat and discussed what I'm wanting from him and he's going to work out a program for me, and thinks that he will definitely be able to help me tone up some of the problem areas more which is what I really need. Really can't believe I've done this, from morbidly obese, 274lbs, UK28, binge eating couch potato to overweight, 158.5lbs, UK12, healthy eating gym bunny who has just hired her own personal trainer in under 14 months, GO ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment