Thursday 5 August 2010

I'm Freaked Out

Last weekend after our holiday seeing the huge gain on the scale upset me although it was expected, but I got straight back on track and knew that I'd have to work hard to repair the damage. I fully expected to spend probably the next 3 weeks doing just that, which would take us up to our next week's holiday. So I'd worked it out in my head that I'd have lost 4 weeks weight loss opportunity up to the next holiday, and then possibly another 4 if the same thing happens again.
Finding that the holiday weight has dropped straight off in 3 days was a real shock although I'm ecstatic about it. Then to see another .5lb loss yesterday was just the icing on the cake. Last night however I felt bloated after dinner and was sure that I was in for a bounce up on the scale this morning. So I was completely freaked out this morning to see another 1lb loss. That means I've lost 7.5lbs in 5 days! I know the holiday weight must have been mostly water and I have been totally on plan since we got back, but still. I do seem to have a trend of having a good loss at the beginning of the month before my period, which slows right down the rest of the month, so that's maybe part of it, plus we did do loads of walking on holiday so I had more exercise than I'd given myself credit for. The weight loss had been slowing down a bit, and I have also wondered if it's like some people say when they've been stuck in a plateau for a while and they change their routine and the weight starts coming off again, maybe last week gave my system a shock because it was so different to how I've been for months and it's kickstarted the loss again. But I'm seriously freaked out by it all. I'm an eternal pessimist and it just seems to be going too well and I'm waiting for the bubble to burst and for me to bounce back up and stay there. I can't help thinking that I should be punished for going so off plan on holiday last week, but instead I'm seeing a lower number on the scale than I've seen in years. This then leads me to panic that because I think I can get away with it, I might be tempted to go off plan more often, which I REALLY don't want to fall into the trap of doing.
On the other side of the coin, it's exciting thinking that there's still a chance I might get to goal before the end of the year, or at least down another size in clothing....

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that you are losing the holiday weight Lisa! I hope that when i get back from vacation i have the same success! I'm still on vacation, and my food has been good but i have been indulging in some drinking and other than a hike, i haven't been exercising. Not going to stress about it though, i'm having a wonderful time with my friends! Keep up the good work chickie! :-)

    ReplyDelete