Thursday 7 October 2010

It Was Real

I'm happy to say that the scale numbers last week were real, and have been constant since then. I'm still 10st 12.5lbs/152.5lbs over a week later, so I think it's here to stay. I must admit to being a bit frustrated that it hasn't gone down any lower as it's official weigh in day again tomorrow, but then I keep telling myself that I was stuck before and then lost 4.5lbs in just a few days, and I've got to give my body chance to settle before it moves on. It appears that the constant steady losses I was having are over now and that my weight is staying pretty level with a whoosh down every now and again and I'm just going to have to live with it. I'm still holding out hope that I can reach my initial goal of 145lbs by Christmas, so we'll see.
So whilst I'm trying to get my head around the number on the scale or rather take my focus off it, I'm trying to concentrate instead on my exercise. I had to cancel my PT session last Friday as I was ill and didn't end up exercising at all for 3 days, but started back again on Monday and have been working hard all week so far. Had my rescheduled PT session on Tuesday which was HARD and I'm still sore from, did Step class yesterday and then today I've had a breakthrough! The furthest I've managed to run non-stop so far was 7k (actually think that included some walk breaks but can't remember) and I've been a bit frustrated that although the shorter distances I am slowly getting quicker at, I am still finding increasing the distance so hard. So today I was tired and decided after a 10min warm up on the cross trainer just to start running on the treadmill and if I felt like it to get off after 10mins and move onto something else. Well today I was enjoying my music and rather than counting songs which I usually do to gauge my time without actually watching it I just listened and when the next song came on I thought, ooh I like this one, I'll run to the end of this one. Then my friend came over after she'd finished her run (she is fast and runs 11.5k in an hour) to ask how I was getting on and I was telling her about struggling to run farther. She said that it's always easier to run alongside someone as talking distracts you, so in future if I want to to go on the treadmill next to her if she's on when I get there. She talked to me for about 10mins I think and then I put my music back on and carried on. When I started to feel really tired I decided to run to the end of the current song then see how I was doing on time. When I put the time back on the screen I'd run over 55mins!!! So that spurred me on to run the full 60mins and I finished up doing 7.95k in total, non-stop!!!! I was and still am elated that I managed to do it, run a whole hour without stopping and no walk breaks. It's been a goal of mine in the back of my head since I did my 5k race that my next challenge was to be able to run an hour non-stop, and I did it!!!
So even if the steady losses on the scales are gone, the steady progress in my fitness hasn't which I'm really happy about. I just have to have faith that if I keep doing what I've been doing, it will all work out in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are so inspiring. I'm glad I found this blog. You have a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Lisa, I know how frustrating that darn scale can be that's why I have chosen to show it who's boss ;-).

    ReplyDelete